The Summer League is our friendly league, which runs from May to July. Teams play each other once, followed by semi-finals and a Final’s Night for all divisions.
To enter the Summer League, please complete the Summer League Entry Form. The form will then be placed in your basket where, to successfully enter the league, you will need to complete the process by paying the £40.00 entry fee. All entries must be received by 31 March.
Fixtures are made available to all teams mid-April and published on the website.
Our rules state that a new team entering the League shall enter in the lowest division. However, you may request a preferred day or time and if there is a vacancy, you may be placed here at the discretion of the League Committee. (Rule 10.6 of League Rules)
Our summer league is a competitive and fun league. Due to the nature of the summer league, (no promotion/relegation) it is expected that everyone, whilst playing competitively and within the rules, remember that the ‘spirit of the game’ rule is of prime importance.
The summer league will be held in accordance with the current Malling and Maidstone Netball League Rules, with the following exceptions.
1. Players have to be registered and may only play for one team throughout the season except under transfer. Players must have transferred and played in at least one match prior to the semi-finals night. The Registration Form must be completed and emailed to the League Secretary prior to your first match. Your Divisional Representative will hand out your scorecards before the first match. Match fees will be collected in the same way as the Winter League and an invoice will be sent via e- mail.
2. All Premier teams will play versatility. This includes all teams who were in the Premier Division for the last winter season. Any team registering a player who was registered to a premier team during the last winter season will also be required to play versatility regardless of which division the team normally plays in. Any team not adhering to this rule will incur a 2 point penalty deduction. They will also forfeit any points gained during the match. 3 points will be awarded to the opposition. All goals will be null and void.
3. For teams playing versatility the opposing team umpire will draw the first quarter positions. Positions will then follow a set rotation at the end of each quarter.
VERSATILITY ROTATION SYSTEM (Premier Winter Season Teams)
|1st QTR||2nd QTR||3rd QTR||4th QTR|
4. Competition points:
|1 point||50% (or more) of the opponent’s score|
|0 points||Less than 50% of opponent’s score|
In the event of a team having to cancel a fixture please inform the opposing team and your Divisional Representative.
5. The League reserves the right to cancel fixtures due to unforeseen circumstances. These games will only be rescheduled if there is a reserve date otherwise due to time constraints the games will not be rescheduled and 2 points will be awarded to each team.
6. The top four teams from each division will qualify for the semi-finals. The first placed team will play the fourth placed team and the second placed team will play the third placed team.
7. In the event of there being a tie in both the semi-finals and finals there will be an additional 5 minutes played each way. If the score is still tied, teams will change ends and play will continue until the first goal is scored.Please note the date for the finals will not be changed.